Shirley J. Shaffer, 74, of 287 Raymilton Rd., Polk died at 8:20 p.m. Tuesday at Sugar Creek Station.
A daughter of James and Nettie Snider Carter she was born in Mineral, Ohio on March 22, 1936.
Mrs. Shaffer was employed in the dietary department at Polk Center for several years.
She enjoyed flower gardening and spending time with her children and grandchildren.
On June 6, 1956 she married William M. Shaffer Sr., he survives along with two daughters Carol Alcorn and her husband Kenny of Titusville and Pat Groves and her husband Bob of Oil City; two sons William Shaffer Jr. and his wife Kathy of Polk and Steve Shaffer and his wife Shelly of Chester, SC; 10 grandchildren Kenny Alcorn Jr. and his wife April, Brenda Porter and her husband Dave, Bobby Groves Jr. and his fiancÃ?Â�e Kayla Snyder all of Franklin, Stephanie Seely and her husband Nathan of Dempseytown, Matthew Shaffer of Polk, E2 Dustin Peavy serving in the US Army in South Korea, Steve Shaffer of Chester, SC, Curtis Shaffer and his fiancÃ?Â�e Laura Thomas and Shawn Groves both of Oil City and Laura Baker and her husband Jacob of Barkeyville and 9 great-grandchildren.
Also surviving are 6 sisters Yvonne Krizon and her husband Chuck of Polk, Charlotte Matlock of Huntersville, NC, Dottie Murphy and her husband Don of Kansas City, KS, Judy Adkins and her husband Rodney of Albany, OH, Sharon Ely and her husband Joe of New Marshfield, OH and Sue Sheppard of San Jose, CA and a brother Gary Carter and his wife Dixie of Grove City, OH.
She was preceded in death by a brother Wesley Carter and a sister Rita Kovaleski.
Friends will be received in the Huff Chapel, 312 W. Park St. Franklin from noon 3 p.m. Saturday. Funeral services will be held in the funeral home at 3 p.m. with Rev. Earl Dykes, pastor of the Valley Chapel Charge of the United Methodist Church officiating.
Entombment will be made at Sunset Hill Memorial Gardens.
Her family has suggested memorial donations be made to The Kirtland Cancer Foundation, PO Box 108, Franklin PA 16323 or Alzheimer?s Association, 1128 State Street, Ste. 301, Erie, PA 16501-1920.